I fixed my blog :)
Yes, I knew the background was gone. At first I thought it was just a Firefox thing as it had been working fine in IE. But then I realised that it was in fact cactus, and my pretty heart-shaped box was more of a pale grey slab. Rather uninspiring. But I didn't have the time, energy, or inclination to do anything about it. Til tonight. When I went back onto Hot Bliggity Blog and grabbed the new code. It took me less than one minute. Not sure what all my procrastination was for, really. But anyway. All better now. One day I will have talent and will make my own blog background. But in the meantime I really do like this one.
And while we're on the topic of fixing things, my darling Kym (aka Help Desk) has fixed my computer. It was meant to be an upgrade. Instead it turned into a week-long wipe-everything-and-reinstall drama. But it's all good now :)
I'm hoping this is the month for fixing things.
Of course there is the obvious one. Which I'm not supposed to be thinking about... *lalalalala*
Then the fact that yesterday was my LAST DAY in the job-of-my-dreams-that-I-hated. Monday I start in a new section. Short term but hopefully it will lead to more. I am so relieved. I know it won't be easy. But just the change of scenery alone is enough to make me feel reborn.
Then I start my digital video editing course next weekend at the WEA. Very very excited about that!! The first steps towards what will hopefully become my next career.
And then there is my knee. The knee that I injured in late October. The knee injury that devastated me as it meant I had to cut back on Zumba. I don't think I've blogged properly about Zumba yet. Still trying to find the words to do it justice! But just know that Zumba was (still is!) my therapy. I need to be there. I look forward to it all the time. I can't get enough of it. It is as much an emotional need as a physical one. So the prospect of cutting back was pretty upsetting. I was mostly obedient - took a couple of weeks off (okay, 12 days) and then followed doctor's orders and went no more than twice a week (okay, so maybe three is the new two...). Been seeing the physio and went back to Zumba four times a week after new years. So far so good. It's not right yet. It still hurts. Especially in squats, and on stairs. But it is slowly improving. So here's hoping this month will be full of knee-fixy as well. I would love to be able to do a pain-free Zumba class again sometime (don't get me started on my heel pain. No, seriously, don't).
Might need to do something special for Valentines Day as well. Because I'm feeling mushy and I think we deserve it...
So there we go. Happy Fixy February.
But I'm still scared of facing March.
No Bake Caramel Cheesecake
1 month ago




Happy Fixy February to you xx
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the luck and babydust in the world for wonderful news very soon. xx
ReplyDelete