05 September 2010

If you want the rainbow...

If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain...

It rained a lot today. A lot. The kind of steady rain that provides a soothing background to trackies and uggies days. Today was the kind of day where you look outside, shake your head, and go 'nup, not going out there'.

Soggy patio...


Soggy pavers by the front door...


Hoping that the fish won't float away...


So trackies and uggies day it was. Which was actually fine by me, as I really didn't feel much like going out. I needed to regroup. Home is my safe place right now. I'll be having to face the world again tomorrow, so I guess I was entitled to hibernate a little today. Or a lot, even.

So I lit Peanut's candle, and settled down with a peppermint tea and some magazines. It wasn't much, but it was what I needed, and it was enough.




Candle is 'Spirituality' by Dusk, in case you were curious. I never intended to buy Peanut a purple candle, but this one just grabbed me - it smells beautiful, and (in my mind) represents her perfectly. So purple candle it is. Perhaps this little angel is telling me that she likes purple?





Gloria Jeans make the best peppermint tea bags in existence. Just in case you were wondering.

And also, while I'm here, I thought I'd show you the angel girl Pandora charm that Kym bought for me the week we lost Peanut. I think it's a beautiful way to keep her close. I'm slowly building up my Pandora bracelet - perhaps my next charm will be the baby stroller or dummy? I can only hope...


I had to face the rain eventually though. Horses need to be fed - rain, hail, or shine. So at about 4pm I donned the old jeans & waterproof jacket, and headed out.

Poor Loui and Red looked so miserable out there in the wet. Although they were warm and dry under their rugs (I checked) they still looked utterly pathetic standing out there in the swamp formerly known as their paddock, fetlock-deep in the mud with water dripping from dreadlocked manes and tails. Poor ponies.


It is horribly slippery out there. Poor Loui was sliding all over the place as he walked up to me.

Food time? I worked hard enough to get here...



View from the other side... absolute swamp :( It's revolting.

Attempting to make feeds in the middle of a huge puddle...


Pray tell me why the water trough was empty when it has done nothing but rain almost solidly for the last week? Weird... Maybe they really really like rainwater?

The driveway puddle I showed you yesterday has grown even bigger. Needless to say, I didn't drive through it today either!

As much as I love Loui, I have to confess I was quietly relieved to get back into my warm car and head home. I am so desperately incompatible with weather like this.

Put up with the rain... yes, I think we have fulfilled that criteria...

I hope this means our rainbow is coming soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment